Westercon 72, NASFiC 2019 and 1632 Minicon (Spikecon) hopes to highlight the many processes of artists, specifically in the Science Fiction, Fantasy & Genre Arts, by offering creation tables also known as the Artist Alley. Here watch the creators in action, ask questions, commission a particular piece, and find out how wonderful the art culture is in Utah, the Western Region, North America and beyond.
For Artists and Creators
There are 5 tables located outside Twilight rooms specific for the Artist Alley in Convergence Hall. Each slots will be for 2 hours for $10.00. You can sign up through our website marketplace at spikecon.org/at con/marketplace. There is a maximum of 2 slots per day, per artist.
By signing up for an Artist Alley slot, you agree to the following:
- To be present for most of the 2 hour time slot
- To work on some aspect of your art while at the table
- To not sublet your time to someone else
- To not sell items of mass marketing (things that are mass produced and not crafted by you)
- Keep in line with Utah’s public decency laws
- To keep adult-oriented art out of the general view (as minors will travel in the hallways)
- Follow the convention policies
- Artists are required to have a membership badge, even if it is only for the day they display.
- Fill out the TC-790C, Temporary Sales Tax License and Special Return for Utah
We reserve the right to reject any work that does not follow the rules given above, is hazardous (e.g., electric shock or spraying water) or illegal (copyright infringement or obscenity).
Each table will be 72 inches long by 24 inches wide. They will have 2 chairs at the table and a miniature garbage can. If you require/request power please note in comments and we will do our best to accommodate.
The slots are set up as:
Thursday 07/04/2019 10am-12 noon, 12 noon - 2pm, 2pm - 4pm, 4pm - 6pm, and 6pm -8pm
Friday 07/05/2019 10am-12 noon, 12 noon - 2pm, 2pm - 4pm, 4pm - 6pm, and 6pm -8pm
Saturday 07/06/2019 10am-12 noon, 12 noon - 2pm, 2pm - 4pm, 4pm - 6pm, and 6pm -8pm
Sunday 07/07/2019 10am-12 noon, 12 noon - 2pm, and 2pm - 4pm