There are simple tips to keeping our relationship pleasant with the facilities.
- It’s best not to alarm or irritate the hotel staff
- Treat the bell and housekeeping staff with respect and courtesy, especially if they help you!
- Keep the noise to a level where you won’t have to deal with complaints from neighbors, and have unwanted hotel staff knocking on your demanding you shut your party down.
- Try to leave your room as clean as you found it. Party hosts are responsible for any hotel assessed damages and cleaning fees to their reserved party room and sleeping room. Remember - Hotels will charge for damages to tubs or furniture, so work with our party team to mitigate possible surprise charges due to your festivities
- Please report existing damage to the hotel and to the party/facility department as soon as possible to avoid inaccurate charges.The party/social team will be happy to conduct a walkthrough with you before and after your party for additional documentation of the rooms condition.
- Don’t obstruct thermostats, smoke detectors, fire sprinklers, doorways or hallways.
- May not include fog machines or dry ice.
- Open flames are not permitted inside any facility. Food may not be heated by flames (exception is the outside BBQ option of the Home2 Suites). Heating elements must be closely attended at all times.
- Remember to tip!
- For plastic sheeting, liners, or help getting containers or bags of ice, contact the party team not the hotel. We will have some supplies on site and locations where you can get more.
- Room Parties are subject to inspection by the fire marshal.
- At midnight, please shut your room door and keep the noise to conversation level or you may be asked to shut down.
- Due to room wattage limits and circuit issues, air conditioners and other equipment with large power draws are not allowed. Please check with the parties/facilities team if you have specific questions on allowed equipment.
- Please monitor your party attendance to only allow convention attendees wearing badges
What's in a party sign?
Ask for a sign for your party/gathering based on what you plan to have inside. Don’t post handwritten signs. Our print shop/operations team can print one for you that tells members the things they can expect in your room party such as:
- Strobe Lights
- Non-Alcoholic Refreshments
- Safe Space
- Hot food
- Sound (Loud Music, TV, etc.) over 60dB
- Special Events or Performances
- Kid Friendly
- Adult Themed
- Common Allergens
Voting for Parties
Ballot boxes will be on the party floors while parties are going on, and will be located in Ops the rest of the time. Awards or prizes will be announced at closing ceremonies. The possible options will be listed on the ballots. Parties not registered do not qualify!
Please Note: Valid ballots will require the members badge number, badge name and registered name. Any appearance of ballot stuffing or pre-filled ballots will result in your party being disqualified from the awards.
Promoting your Gathering
Online Listings - Once you register your gathering, email our party team so they can get a page created for you on our website, and the online guide to spread the word. This can include pictures, logos, descriptions and contact information. You are responsible to make sure your pictures are not copyright restricted.
Our Party Team will be on site to help with basic supplies, information, and assistance to make your gathering a wonderful event at Spikecon.