Code of Conduct: Harassment in All Forms
The Utah Fandom Organization and any sponsored or supported events will not tolerate and will not ignore any reported instance of harassment, discrimination or prejudice. The event should be a safe place for anyone regardless of identifying markers such as, but not limited to:
- Impairment or Disability
- Physical Appearance or Status
- Body Type
- Sociology or Idealism
- Previous issues not addressed by this organization or documented at other events
Harassment can be anything that encroaches on a fellow being’s safe space or attendance and inclusion. It can range to include behavior, words, actions, or subjected discrimination. Some examples of harassment at other events include:
* Spoken comments of harrassment, sexuality, discrimination or hate.
* Gestures that intimidate, alarm, encroaches or presents against someone, causing a feeling of danger or fear
* Sustained disruptions of panels or events that stop participation
* Photography or Recording without consent/permission
* Body shaming or censure of an individual
* Unwanted physical or sexual attention and contact
* Physical Assault
* Falsely reporting incidents
* Sexual, political, or behavioral images and actions merely for attention and not event related
* Written signs, comments, or pressure in the above situations
* Theft or destruction of personal property
* Bullying or intimidation of others
* Iconography, costuming, or symbols with intent to discriminate, hate or pressure others
Addressing Harassment Issues
If you feel that you experience an issue of harassment, discrimination, or act of prejudice, we encourage you to address and/or report it immediately. If you see anyone disregarding, or breaking the procedures or safe guidelines of our event or facilities, please report as well.
Many incidents are not pointed out, reported, or confronted which results in continued and expanding behavior. Noticed or witnessed situations can be dealt with promptly. Utah Fandom Organization, and events, suggest the following steps to aid you and support a safe event:
* If it is an emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately.
* If you feel safe/comfortable to do so, report or point out the behavior to the person(s) involved when they happen. This can solve issues and help educate the community on the topic.
* If you feel unable or unwilling to address those involved; or speaking out does not solve the problem, please report the incident to our Information/Service Desk. The S.A.T. (Safe Attending Team), aims to have a representative there during the convention to take your information, statement, or concern. They are willing to listen and ready to discuss possible solutions with you.
* If you cannot get to the information desk, or need immediate assistance, ask a committee member or volunteer. The event committee is distinguishable by their badges. They are willing to listen, help, or get the S.A.T. (Safe Attending Team), to come to you.
* If you feel you cannot address Kate Hatcher, or the S.A.T. (Safe Attending Team), please email finance@ (whichever event is current) who will take over concerning issues of management. If it requires a board level response, they will address the incident with the board of directors for Utah Fandom Organization on behalf of the convention.